Manager, Information and Learning Technologies
Jul 2011 – Present
Tranby College is a K-12 co-educational institution of the Uniting Church in Baldivis, Western Australia.
Roles and responsibilities
- Ensure computers are purchased and delivered on time and according to plans and policies.
- Keep an updated asset tracking program.
- Record newly acquired computers and facilitate timely installation in classrooms, and offices.
- Provide thorough troubleshooting for teaching, administrative staff and students. Resolve IT-related issues in a timely manner.
- Manage and maintain IT infrastructure.
- Manage 1,000+ user devices and endpoints.
- Train students and teaching staff on IT use.
- Develop detailed disaster recovery plan.
- Coordinate with external suppliers.
- Manage SLAs with suppliers.
- Designed and coded leave management and professional development approval system using services from MS SharePoint, Flow, Approvals, and custom scripting. Completed two months ahead of schedule.
- Created and delivered training on the new system to 100 staff.
Chief Technology Officer & Co-Founder
Jan 2014 – October 2018
Flaktest Gaming is Australia’s largest youth eSports organisation.
- Effectively managed databases of 1,500+ high school students and 150+ teachers.
- Planned and implemented three live eSport grand final events with live audience of 500+.
- Streamed event live via internet.
- Managed 3,000+ game hours of eSports competitions.
- Ensured competitions ran smoothly at all times.
- Designed student eSports Results Tracking Software for 1,500+ users.
- Ensured easy user experience for users.
- Effectively managed and oversaw operations.
- Provided technical guidance and leadership.
- Managed team of 15+ volunteers and staff.
- Provided mentorship and training to all staff and volunteers for personal development and growth.
- Co-founded Australia’s largest youth eSports organisations with 1,500+ members and 150+ teachers.
Help Desk Manager
Progress I.T. Pty Ltd
Jun 2008 – Aug 2011
Progress IT is a medium sized IT consulting firm specialising in mining, medical, and travel IT business needs.
Roles and responsibilities
- Provided extensive and timely troubleshooting.
- Carried out efficient problem solving and delivered solutions to clients’ needs.
- Managed 4 Help Desk Support staff.
- Built a culture of excellence and ensured clients’ needs were consistently met at all times.
- Ensured growth and development of staff.
- Mentored and trained Help Desk Support staff.
- Provided excellent Tier 3 Specialist IT support to clients.
- Managed relationships with external suppliers, including HP, Dell, Apple, and Ingram Micro.
- Ensured smooth business functions. Oversaw general office management.
- Established Web Development Department.
- Created new income stream and diversified services offered to clients. Increased profit by $70K annually.